Wire Transfer Specialist
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Silver Spring, MD office.
The Wire Transfer Specialist assists customers with transations including domestic and international wire transfers status, requests, payments, rights and obligations associated with their transactions. Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize loss to the Bank, while maintaining quality service. Ensures controls are in place and followed at all times to protect the Bank and its customers from losses that may occur through the transition of wire transfers. Completes all daily, monthly, quarterly reports as needed. Maintains the appropriate cash limits in our Brinks Cash Vault to facilitate the needs of our branches.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential - meaning that employees in this role are required to work during normal business hours even when their normal worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the company’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recovery, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customers with information and direction regarding their wire transfer status, requests, payments and obligations associated with their transactions. Providing all Fed required disclosures.
- Processes and records wires transferred and disposition with minimum errors.Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining quality service.
- Communicates with Branch staff and management regarding wire transfer issues.
- Prepares and balances related spreadsheets and accounts daily for wire transfers and cash vault.
- Performs daily reconciliation and cash management for the Cash Vault.
- Assists with completing research requests in a timely manner.
- Daily phone interaction with authorized callers/customers performing outgoing wire requests.
- Using formalized procecedures to ensure successfule retrieval, archives wire forms and settlement documentation into the archival system.
- Assists in the resolution and recovery of fraudulent wire transfers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of general banking.
- Core banking system experience; FIS preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collect and organize information.
- Good understanding of banking concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be accurate and follow all risk protocols to avoid losses.
- Previous wire transfer experience.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1221