EagleBank CultureWorking as one on the path to continued success
We take our values to heart, using them to guide our clients and one another. Our culture is central to who we are and the way we work together, every day.
We have a mission to be the most respected and profitable community bank. To do this, we put Relationships F•I•R•S•T to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders. We relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value.
We continue to build EagleBank by putting Relationships F•I•R•S•T.
We begin our relationships based on our time-tested tradition of listening to our customer, collaborating with colleagues and designing a comprehensive, creative solution that brings value to and appreciation from our customer. We enhance the relationship with empowered, ‘Yes, We Can’ service and live up to our strong belief that formulas don’t make good banking sense—relationships do. Be entrepreneurial, it is our differentiator.
We build our relationships by developing rapport based on partnership, mutual respect, and a desire to delight. We are unwavering in our commitment to the goals and growth of our customers, colleagues, and community through volunteerism. We believe that doing the little extras and staying involved with our customer demonstrates our difference.
We shape our relationships by taking ownership for being ever responsive, from beginning to end, day in and day out. We understand that reliable, accurate and time sensitive communication is fundamental to preserving reputation and relationships, internally and externally.
We strengthen our relationships each time we are called upon for our expertise and know how. We are committed to enhancing our professional knowledge in order to remain credible, current and strong partners with our customers, colleagues and community. Our history of sustaining a well capitalized and profitable position emphasizes our strength and reinforces our relationships.
We uphold our relationships with honesty, openness and reliability. We can be counted on to ‘do the right thing’. We understand that underlying a sound long-lasting relationship is the essential element of trust. Trust can be lost in a moment, so we are vigilant in our actions and words.
We truly believe that employees need to have fun, get involved, and enjoy working here. Events play a big part in bringing new employees into the EagleBank family—from a formal holiday party to a fun run for charity, EagleBank employees love getting together. Events keep us engaged, entertained, and exercised, while encouraging new friendships. Sharing common hobbies, learning new skills, participating in health fairs, or enjoying fitness and social activities is a beneficial part of an EagleBank career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at EagleBank
The core principles of diversity and inclusion stem from our inherent desire to care for all individuals in our communities, and we recognize that feeling included is fundamentally essential to thrive both professionally and personally. We believe that an environment that values diversity and inclusion, and encourages innovation in pursuit of mission, leads to better employee engagement, fosters diverse ideas and approaches, and includes and empowers each of us to perform at our best. We are committed to fostering an environment that values diversity and ensures equal access to opportunities for growth and advancement. An environment where each person is valued for their skills and perspectives and is encouraged to communicate openly.
- Develop a formalized program to identify and pair Mentors and Mentees, from a diversified group of employees, to provide professional and personal growth and development opportunities for our associates
- Enhance skills and business acumen, and ultimately to help better prepare employees for future opportunities to advance their career paths and grow as individuals
- Create a “safe” environment for open, candid discussions and development
- Explore the development and implementation of a scholarship program for our employees
- Continue to leverage and enhance the Tuition Reimbursement Program to support higher education for our employees
- Create recommendations on an effective, ongoing DE&I communications plan, internally and externally
- Develop and maintenance of an employee DE&I intranet site, including internal content development to garner engagement in DE&I initiatives bank-wide
- Educate and inform employees and drive engagement to inform public and external communities we serve about DE&I efforts and commitment, elevating public perception and supporting the brand
- Explore the effective formation and implementation of internal affinity groups to help employees navigate culture, offer networking, professional, personal, and leadership development opportunities
- Identify and promote community volunteerism
- Positively impact the recruitment, engagement, and building of a favorable workforce culture by improving and supporting employee morale and work performance, representative of a diverse employee base
- Ensure Bank employees have access to and are required to take appropriate DEI-related trainings that are updated, timely, and relevant
- Enhance associate skill development and better prepare employees for growth opportunities
- Ensure that new hires are informed about the Bank’s DE&I culture and available resources