Wire Transfer Specialist
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Assist customers with transactions including domestic and international wire transfers status, requests, payments, rights and obligations associated with their transactions. Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize loss to the Bank, while maintaining quality service. Ensures controls are in place and followed at all times to protect the Bank and its customers from losses that may occur through the transition of wire transfers. Completes all daily, monthly, quarterly reports as needed. Maintains the appropriate cash limits in our Brinks Cash Vault to facilitate the needs of our branches.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential - meaning that employees in this role are required to work during normal business hours even when their normal worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the company’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recovery, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customers with information and direction regarding their wire transfer status, requests, payments and obligations associated with their transactions. Providing all Fed required disclosures.
- Processes and records wires transferred and disposition with minimum errors. Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining quality service.
- Communicates with Branch staff and management regarding wire transfer issues.
- Prepares and balances related spreadsheets and accounts daily for wire transfers and cash vault.
- Performs daily reconciliation and cash management for the Cash Vault.
- Assists with completing research requests in a timely manner.
- Daily phone interaction with authorized callers/customers performing outgoing wire requests.
- Using formalized procedures to ensure successful retrieval, archives wire forms and settlement documentation into the archival system.
- Assists in the resolution and recovery of fraudulent wire transfers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of general banking
- Previous wire transfer experience
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
Core banking system experience; FIS preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collect and organize information
- Good understanding of banking concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be accurate and follow all risk protocols to avoid losses.