Wire Transfer Analyst
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150Silver Spring, Maryland
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential meaning that employees are expected to work during normal business hours even when the worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the company’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recover, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
This position performs operational and analytical tasks to meet departmental objectives and to mitigate risk to the Bank. Monitors and review accounts and transactions for suspicious activity; investigates and resolves exceptions. Responsible for complex research and analysis of customer wire issues. Assists with the unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations. Assist with all functions within the wire department, including domestic and international wire transfers status, requests, payments, rights and obligations associated with their transactions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized technical and operations support, initiates, receives, researches, resolves, and communicates verbally and in writing on routine and non-routine internal, customer, and other external inquiries and topics relating to wires.
- Handles routine and non-routine operational tasks and transactions; and participates in department’s quality service efforts. Exercises independent decision making and sound judgement when processing wires. Assists with completing research requests and responding to customer emails in a timely manner as outlined in the department’s Service Level Agreements as well as ensuring proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining quality service.
- Processes daily wire transfers both domestic and international in accordance with our customer’s instructions. Providing all FED required disclosures.
- Investigates and resolves complex wire exceptions, identifies when issues require escalation, and works independently with other areas within the bank
- Performs daily reviews of exception and risk reports and takes action based on transaction characteristics as appropriate and necessary.
- Reviews potential fraudulent accounts for prevention and detection of fraud. Responsible for reviewing new accounts for fraud risk indicators and compliance.
- Communicates with Bank staff and management with risk recommendations and remedies for preventing wire fraud.
- Keeps abreast of Reg-E and regulatory changes as it pertains to wires
- Assists with the preliminary and final functional performance testing for new or upgraded systems, and communicates with the technology group to report and resolve any outstanding issues.
- Oversee the Actimiz Fraud application for Wires and clearing Fraud items in Queue
- Oversee all items in Queue are cleared and address any outstanding items in Bust Queue
- Assists with other operational tasks in support of the Wire and ACH group such as daily processing, research or review; settlements; and reconciliations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 4 years wire related or electronic bank operations experience
- Associates Degree or Equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of wire fraud investigation preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Good analytical skills and the ability to research
- Understanding of related and common banking laws, regulations, policies and compliance related to wires.
- Good understanding of wire related risks and how to protect the bank
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to be accurate and follow all risk protocols to avoid losses.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.