Wire Operations Business Analyst
Job Location11961 Tech Road, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Oversees wire system upgrades/enhancements, process improvements, reports generation, issue resolution, vendor relations for various customer impacting systems, department procedures and guidelines. Works closely with Wire Transfer Operations Manager to provide workflows and processes to develop automation and/or process improvements. Collaborates with other departments on the development of new processes as well as on researching and resolving internal issues caused by system failures, staff errors or related gaps. Assists with developing and facilitating system-specific department training.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements key initiatives as Implementation Lead, partnering with business and technology representatives to gather business requirements, prepare design specifications, test and deploy new or modified functions in the environment and identify opportunities for process improvement. Manage the verification process through creation of test scripts; perform, document and report test results.
- Supports diagnosing system/program failures
- Provides technical support in analyzing system malfunctions, recommend corrective action, and facilitate changes if necessary
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert in Wire Operations and related systems.
- Evaluates upcoming software releases, systems upgrades/enhancements to measure the impact to our wire processes; identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement as well maximize key system capabilities.
- Raises any control or compliance issues to leadership team and manages projects to remediate.
- Resolves escalated/complex issues related to wire transactions
- Develops and maintains department operating procedures to identify gaps, achieve maximum efficiency and reduce costs
- Develops and facilitates department training.
- Lead selected department projects; represent the department on initiatives requiring Wires Department participation. Acts as liaison between various divisions and the Project Management office throughout the project cycle; participates on various project committees that affect the department and Bank. Maintains project documentation, as needed to ensure usefulness for managing progress and for archival requirements.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; presents to team leadership and other internal groups
- 4 years’ experience in wire operations process improvement, consulting, strategic business process modeling and quality management techniques
- 4 years wire regulatory and technical experience required
- Experience in operations of a major Wires/Funds Transfer System from a nationally recognized vendor
- 4 years in other Banking Operations experience preferred
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, MIS preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Core Banking system experience; FIS Global products preferred
- Extensive Wire System experience; FINESTRA products preferred
- Fraud tracking software experience; preferred
- SWIFT experience preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Wire Transfer systems
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of general banking operations.
- Specific knowledge and experience with Wire Transfer platforms. FIS and Finastra knowledge preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in core banking system experience; FIS/ Integrated Banking System (IBS) strongly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office; proficient in Word and Excel.
- Advanced computer, smartphones, tablets, and operating systems, software and other technologies knowledge.