Training & Development Specialist
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Designs, develops and implements training programs throughout the bank with direction and support from the Director of Learning and Organizational Development. Creates training visual aids, job aids, and all relevant training materials when needed. onboarding and new employee orientation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs training and learning elements based on defined learning objectives.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts to analyze and develop learning objectives for classroom training.
- Consults with management and employees to assess training needs and evaluate effectiveness of training programs.
- Prepare outlines and storyboards for training project planning.
- Assist in developing metrics for measuring training effectiveness.
- Prepares training materials such as guides, exercises and PowerPoint presentations.
- Facilitate and conduct training sessions to support individual and departmental training needs.
- Records completed sessions in the Learning Management System to ensure that all participants are credited for all completed training.
- Coordinate training calendar and communicate monthly training schedule.
- Coordinate and facilitate the on-boarding process and conduct New Employee Orientation.
- Performs administrative duties such as registering students for on-line credit courses, scheduling and room set up for training sessions and orders office and training supplies.
- Manages the educational assistance program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Psychology or related field with 2 years of prior training experience preferably at a financial institution or in lieu of degree;
- 5 years of prior training experience preferably at a financial institution
Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- Training Certification from ATD or similar training institution, preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office. Advanced knowledge using PowerPoint.
- Familiar with Learning Management System, preferably Cornerstone.
- Knowledge of IBS TellerInsight, IBS Insight, Extended Account Analysis (XAA) and Vision Content preferred.
- Knowledge of the ADDIE model.