Total Rewards Manager
Supports the bank’s efforts to attract, retain and develop high quality employees through the management of compensation, benefits and payroll. Develops infrastructure to ensure regulatory and audit compliance, efficiencies gained, and quality of work. Directs the research, development, implementation and administration of compensation and benefit plans. Counsels with management regarding application of sound compensation practices. Manages compliance with legal and regulatory requirements associated with compensation, payroll and benefits programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, directs and manages company benefit plans to include all health, wellness and financial benefits including Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Restricted Stock Awards. Includes reviewing plan operations; overseeing change; systems functionality; reconciliations; troubleshooting; working with outside contacts to remedy issues.
- Manages payroll administration to include training; system configurations; audits; specialized transactions; and review of payroll processing.
- Manages the Bank's salary administration program, including the development and administration of formal job descriptions/grades, salary ranges and compensation program. Ensures that the Bank maintains a competitive compensation position in the marketplace. Ensure salary increases are within guidelines and reviews exceptions. Ensures internal and external equity for all job classifications. Manages the analysis of equity data, and develops recommendations regarding short and long term resolution strategies. Develops and implements processes for regular review of salary ranges and structures to meet compensation objectives. Acts as a consultant to managers regarding compensation issues.
- Supports creation of customer reports using proficient programming skills. Maintains data and documentation required for compliance reporting.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to employees in the areas of compensation, benefits and reporting.
- Select, train, develop, and motivate staff ensuring a cohesive and productive team.
- Manages budgets for projected cost on all compensation and benefit programs. Develops strategies for monitoring and controlling expenses.
- Manages formal internal and external audit processes.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 10 years of related experience in the areas of Compensation, Benefits and Payroll, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- An advanced degree or professional certification (PHR/SPHR) preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years Regulatory Compliance experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities including the proven ability to effectively prepare present and communicate analytical results and reports in a business context to facilitate decision-making.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced proficiency in Excel and ability to manipulate large sets of data.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits/401(k) design, funding, administration, financing, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Strong compensation strategy and tactics knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Payroll Systems and related sub-systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize market survey data to develop cost-effective, innovative and market competitive compensation solutions.
- Strong HRIS Product knowledge required, ADP preferred.
- Advanced understanding of laws and regulations governing compensation, benefits and payroll practices.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing, taxation, welfare benefits, and defined contribution benefits.
- Strong business math skills.
- Solid MS Office skills, proficient in Excel.
Physical and Mental Qualifications:
- The ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- The ability to sit for long periods
- Significant computer and phone use
- Ability to travel locally as required
Style or Aptitude traits:
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the functions they manage.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Expert attention to detail.
- Exceptional work ethic and team player.
- Exceptional ability to deal with sensitive, confidential and detailed material in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to lead/train others to influence tasks and deliverables.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong Consulting skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, including the ability to negotiate, counsel, advise and influence managers.
- Organized, detail oriented, accurate and responsive.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to effectively manage others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 670