Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Provide consistent, quality service to customers while handling their transactions in a prompt and efficient manner. Assist customers with financial transactions, involving paying and receiving cash and other negotiable instruments. Ensure confidentiality of customer information. Identify and refer sales opportunities to the platform. Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and complete training requirements as warranted for the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Accurately processes deposits, withdrawals, and other financial related transactions (loan payments,
- cashier’s checks, etc.) for customers. Accurately balances cash drawer and transactions daily.
- Answer basic questions regarding EagleBank products and services. Responsible for recognizing and referring sales opportunities.
- Follow all policies and procedures as they pertain to the performance of the position (Teller Manual, Security, BSA, CTR filing, etc.).
- Assist with daily Branch opening procedures to ensure that the branch is open on time and ready to conduct business. Assist with Branch closing procedures.
- Assist Head Teller/BM/BSM with preparation of monthly audit package.
- Assist with duties performed under dual control, customer inquiries, account research, check orders, etc. May act as back-up to vault custodian as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of cash shipments per procedures, ensuring adequate currency supplies at all times.
- Timely completion of required training.
- High School Diploma
- One year of teller experience
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems Needed :
- Bank core system knowledge; FIS preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Exhibits professionalism with internal and external customers
- Strong math skill
- General working knowledge of MS Office products
- Knowledge of office equipment such as fax machine, scanner/copier, multi-line phone
- This position requires flexibility in the work schedule, to include assisting at other branch locations when necessary.
- There may be Saturday hours required.