Talent Acquisition Manager
Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Responsible for developing and implementing effective talent acquisitions strategies. Ensures the ongoing and future organizational talent demands are met and measured through solid internal and external relationships by playing an active role in employment and workforce talent assessment. Directs the recruiting function and manages the recruiting team. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to employment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently manages the talent selection process including recruiting, interviewing and recommending qualified candidates. Recommends appropriate cost effective recruiting methods and strategies through utilization of various job boards, the internet, social media, cold calling and networking to build a talent pipeline. Develops and manages recruitment and branding programs that positions the Bank as an employer of choice. Serves as a visible and active enhancer of the EagleBank brand both internally and externally to the local market.
- Develops and implements talent acquisition policies and procedures that are consistent with overall corporate strategy. Ensures that all policies, programs and practices with regard to candidate selections are carried out in accordance with the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, reporting requirements and State and Federal laws.
- Oversees and monitors the Affirmative Action Plan. Coordinates the day-to-day compliance with Affirmative Action goals and programs in accordance with government regulations and organization policies. Establishes the Bank’s diversity and inclusion program.
- Provides best practice recruitment, strategic direction and recommended solutions to senior management. Partners with management to learn about open positions and review job description content to ensure the information is accurate, relevant and up to date for recruiting purposes. Partners with managers and HR team to update job descriptions and identify appropriate compensation, as necessary. Counsels employees and managers in situations involving potential transfers, promotions, demotions, and career opportunities as related to job posting opportunities.
- Monitors and recommends cost saving recruiting alternatives to minimize expenses. Monitors turnover, hire ratios, response rates, days to fill, internal hire rates and referrals in order to make recommendations to reduce turnover and improve hiring metrics. Works closely with Director of Human Resources and hiring manager(s) to develop effective recruitment business plan and strategy. Manages recruiting budget.
- Partners with line managers to develop behavioral interview guides and provide education and tools to management on “selection interviewing”. Supports EagleBank’s recruiting brand by attending community events, college campus career fairs and networking events in order to build a database of potential candidates for existing and future hiring needs. Enhance the overall "applicant experience". Manages the Bank’s internship program.
- Manages the Recruitment team by providing ongoing and hands-on development, coaching and direction.
- Compiles statistics on recruitment and retention results and trends, analyzing data and drafting business strategy recommendations. Provide regular status reports to customer base in an effort to enhance communication of recruitment and retention related efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education or the Equivalent Focus or Specialty Required/Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Psychology, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience (Time desired/required)
- 8 years recruiting experience in a commercial bank
- 5 years management experience
- Experience developing and monitoring Affirmative Action Plans required
Certifications, Licenses or systems needed
- Professional HR Certification preferred
- Sourcing and interviewing techniques
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations
- Consultation skills
- Knowledge of HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems; knowledge in ADP and Open Hire preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office