Staff Auditor II
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Rockville, MD office.
Under general supervision, the Staff Auditor II performs varied financial, operational and compliance audits for Eagle Bancorp, Inc. and subsidiaries. Actively promotes a strong internal control environment in assurance and consultative services provided in conjunction with and formally documented in the Internal Audit Manual (derived from the Standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, risk, finance or related field.
- 2 years relative experience in accounting, internal audit, risk management or compliance role in a professional firm or business; OR 4 years at an assistant branch manager level or higher.
- Ability to execute audit and SOX testing and audits assigned under
- Ability to meet workpaper quality and timely delivery standards.
- Address Auditor-In-Charge, review comments timely and appropriately.
- Develop audit issues and draft reports.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Skills to perform detailed research , to assess large amounts of data and to derive key aspects.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Industry Certifications such as CPA, CIA or CFE.
- ACAMS or CRCM.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1187