Staff Accountant II
CategoryAccounting and Finance
Job Location7830 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Performs accounting support and administrative work in classifying and processing accounting transactions, maintaining and reconciling assigned accounts and compiling, reviewing and verifying data and information to prepare assigned financial and accounting reports; provides direction to assigned accounting support staff. Assists with Account Payable cycle through reviews, codings and requests and preparing invoices for payments in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and posts general ledger journal entries; assists in the administration of all inter-company affiliates.
- Manage reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts to general ledger.
- Processes monthly and quarterly general ledger closing entries.
- Performs general accounting duties including investments and other real estate owned reporting activities.
- Monitors daily FED account and processes the securities paydown entries into the general ledger.
- Conducts research and resolves accounting-related issues at the direction of the Manager.
- Reconciles daily customer Repo account, FED reserve, and Correspondent Bank accounts.
- Manages lease accounting for leased locations.
- Supports, reviews and maintains the Fixed Assets, diligently ensuring that all entries are made on a timely basis
- Analyzes monthly G/L variances.
- Annually assists the preparation of the SOX testing and assists the Internal Audit department during audits.
- Prepare Federal weekly reporting.
- Acts as a first level approver for new vendors Accounts Payable processing.
- Assists in replying to email/telephone inquiries from other employees/vendors.
- Carry out QC of AP invoices to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews received invoices, codings, and approvals in preparation for payments.
- Performs administrative duties as needed, such as sorting mail and inventory office supplies
- 4 year College Degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- 2 years of experience working with general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, general accounting processes of inter-company, and fixed assets.
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to provide training as required
- General knowledge of accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in data entry.