Special Assets Portfolio Manager
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard Suite 800, Rockville, MD
Under limited supervision, manages portfolio assets, underwrites loans and works with existing clients in support of one or more Workout Liqidation Officers. Facilitates existing credit underwriting for modifications and extensions. Works with Workout team to clear past dues, clear exceptions, review loan advances or pay downs and review borrowing bases.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists workout officers with workouts and liquidations
- Underwrites all credit modifications and extensions on workout deals; prepare LMM’s for workout officers
- Ordering Credit Requests as needed ( analysis, spreads, credit reports from Credit)
- Ensure loan collateral is perfected
- Works with Workout Liquidation Officer, Loan Servicing and other Bank departments as needed to monitor and maintain portfolio performance
- Maintain timeliness and accuracy of credit underwriting and documentation, including systems’ maintenance
- Renews all credit facilities in the assigned portfolio
- Contacts borrower (Owner, Principal, Controller, CFO, or CEO, depending on the size of the Company), spreads financials, writes approval memo, and puts together approval package
- Creates default, acceleration, demand and set-off letters.
- Collects information, prepares term sheet, may work with the Credit Group in underwriting the transaction if unable to complete in SAG
- Coordinates with third parties (appraisers, attorneys, title companies) as needed
- Works with team on past dues, exceptions, overdrafts, reviewing and signing off on advances and borrowing bases ; creates, reviews and approves loan payoffs in coordination with workout officers
- Prepares Quarterly MCRC Reports
- Participates on phone calls with existing clients
- Work closely with Portfolio Administrator in support of workout officer
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field or 3 additional years of commercial credit or analysis.
- 3 years of experience in portfolio management and commercial underwriting including structuring and pricing loan transactions. Must be proficient in evaluating commercial credit risk and acute understanding of the components of commercial loan documents. Must be able to work autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Formal or in-house credit training required
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
Certifications, Licenses or systems needed
- Bank Loan Documentation and Management Systems
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient understanding of all aspects of commercial loan documents
- Proficient in evaluating commercial credit risk
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong comminications skills
- Strong credit/underwriting knowledge
- Intermediate skill level MS Office products
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
Banking product knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.