Special Assets Portfolio Manager
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard Suite 800, Rockville, MD
Under limited supervision, manages portfolio assets, underwrites loans and works with existing clients in support of one or more Workout Liqidation Officers. Facilitates existing credit underwriting for modifications and extensions. Works with Workout team to clear past dues, clear exceptions, review loan advances or pay downs and review borrowing bases.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrites all credit modifications and extensions on workout deals
- Works with Workout Liquidation Officer, Loan Servicing and other Bank departments as needed to monitor and maintain portfolio performance
- Maintain timeliness and accuracy of credit underwriting and documentation, including systems’ maintenance
- Renews all credit facilities in the assigned portfolio
- Contacts borrower (Owner, Principal, Controller, CFO, or CEO, depending on the size of the Company), spreads financials, writes approval memo, and puts together approval package
- Works with Workout Liquidation Officer to assist with workouts
- Creates default acceleration, demand and set-off letters.
- Collects information, prepares term sheet, works with the Credit Group in underwriting the transaction
- Coordinates with third parties (appraisers, attorneys, title companies) as needed
- Works with team on past dues, exceptions, overdrafts, reviewing and signing off on advances and borrowing bases
- Prepares Quarterly MCRC Reports
- Participates on phone calls with existing clients
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field or 3 additional years of commercial credit or analysis.
- 3 years of experience in portfolio management and commercial underwriting including structuring and pricing loan transactions. Must be proficient in evaluating commercial credit risk and acute understanding of the components of commercial loan documents. Must be able to work autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Formal or in-house credit training required
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.