We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Rockville, MD office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business management, finance or related field; 4 additional years of audit experience will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of internal audit or public accounting experience in public accounting, audit, risk management or regulatory compliance in a professional firm or business.
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) OR
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), CBA (Certified Bank Examiner).
- Ability to execute audits and SOX testing assigned and lead certain audits at times with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to meet workpaper quality and timely delivery standards.
- Address Auditor-In-Charge, review comments timely and appropriately. Perform timely review of workpapers when leading audit.
- Develop audit issues and draft reports. Provide meaningful recommendations based on evaluated risks and follow-up on the resolution of issues.
- Ability to interact with management to communicate audit scope, objectives, and findings. Communicates orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables including process flows and narratives, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Proficient in MS Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Broad exposure to banking industry.
- ACAMS or CRCM.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.