SBA Portfolio Administrator
CategoryClerical and Administrative
Job Location7830 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD
Under limited supervision, supports the SBA department personnel and clients in the areas of customer service, loan closing, and ongoing portfolio management. Maintains strong working relationship with customers. Coordinates and communicates with the customer, Relationship Manager and Attorneys on the status of the loans through closing.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide excellent customer services to external and internal customers.
- Coordinates the closing of any new loan in accordance with SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and bank policies.
- Manages exceptions, follow up on past dues and ensure accuracy of general ledger.
- Processes daily transactions requests from the borrowers; transfers, disbursements, wire requests, auto debit requests, change of address, and tax-related requests.
- Processes loan modifications in accordance with Bank policies, SBA SOPs, Colson and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates the closing process with internal and external parties to enhance loan closings, booking and funding by following outlined procedures.
- Scans files in records management system to include documents from the attorney or income tax returns, request loan # and sets up the collateral folders. Processes loan modification for SBA and Colson approval and restructuring of notes terms, increases and release of collateral forms.
- Prepares for weekly scheduled group meeting to facilitate team work and to discuss loan pipelines and goals.
- Reviews loan package approval (new loans, extensions, modifications) prior to submitting for loan documentation.
- Enters and updates information into customer relationship management system.
- Manages and tracks routine reports such as Past Due/Overdraft Reports; SBA Loan Expense; General Ledger Report and Critical Exception Report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years as Portfolio Administrator or similar role
- 2 years in customer service
- SBA experience preferred