Residential Mortgage Junior Loan Closer-Funder
Job LocationRockville, MD
Assists Closers in the preparation of all required Mortgage Loan Closing documents, including Promissory Note, Deed of Trust, and Closing Disclosure. Coordinates and reviews the Closing Disclosure prepared by the Lender with the Title Company and coordinates with the title company on any necessary revisions to balance and meet regulatory requirements. Assists in the funding process in areas such as escrow package transmittal, system inputs and wiring process to other departments. Ensures documents are generated according to service level requirements and generates error free loan documents based on the type of loan approval presented. Assists with post-closing error corrections, communication with other departments and helps to correct any mistakes made on documentation at the time of closing. Assists with Prefunding QC audit reviews. Receives and Updates Closing Calendar schedule requests. Communicates with team to ensure smooth closing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews Files for completeness and assists in preparation and balancing the Closing Disclosure for Review with the Title company
- Manages Closing Calendar schedule requests timely
- Sends the Closing Disclosure to required parties within required deadlines upon approval
- Assists in Closing all loans submitted in accordance with the loan product approval within established deadlines
- Assists in the funding of loans and in the sale of loan to the appropriate investor.
- Maintains a solid knowledge and understanding of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations.
- Reviews Post closing Quality control review of closing packages, to ensure all documents were signed as required by closing conditions.
- Pro-actively interacts and corresponds with co-workers, clients, title companies, real estate agents and internal peers
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 or more years of relevant mortgage experience
- 1 or more years of closing/post-closing experience
- Previous experience using a loan origination system required; Encompass or LaserPro preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage lending guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of mortgage lending / closing procedures
- Math skills