Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Serves as the first impression of EagleBank by assisting in sourcing and recruitment efforts for the Bank’s overall strategic plan and vision. Establishes ongoing effective relationships with associations, community organizations, and schools/universities to expand and enhance a talent pipeline. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices. Supports the full life-cycle recruiting process and assists in supporting retention efforts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in high volume recruiting, interviews, evaluates and completes the pre-employment process on selected applicants according to FDIC regulations and applicable employment laws.
- Partners with management to learn about open positions and reviews job description content to ensure the information is accurate, relevant and up to date.
- Identifies appropriate recruiting methods, through utilization of job boards, internet sites, social media, cold calling and networking strategies to build a talent pipeline.
- Prepares reports to analyze and evaluate recruiting and retention metrics.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving recruiting alternatives to minimize expenses.
- Attends community events, college campus career fairs and networking events in order to build a database of potential candidates for existing and future hiring needs.
- High school diploma required.
- 5 years of experience in corporate recruiting, high-volume, or agency recruiting.
Preferred Experience, Certifications, Licenses:
- Previous experience recruiting for banking or financial institutions strongly preferred.
- Professional Recruiter Certification preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working in an Application Tracking System. Open Hire preferred.
- The ability to demonstrate strong sourcing and interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of employment law and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.