PREMIER BANKING OFFICER
Job LocationWashington, DC
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The Premier Banking Team provides relationship management in a customized and high-touch manner to our deposit driven clients to include relationships which are large and complex in nature, requiring a high level of personal attention and the utilization of a number of deposit-related services. This position is responsible for developing new and expanding current relationships with clients through direct referrals from bank account officers, relationship managers and Business Development Officers (BDOs) and may require participation in joint calls. This position is also responsible for generating sales opportunities on their own to meet individual assigned sales goals. Additionally this position is expected to consistently develop full banking relationships to include Digital and Treasury Products via delivery of the highest level of client service and effective execution of the Bank’s Relationships FIRST service approach. Adheres to all Bank policies, procedures and regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provide excellent client service to external and internal clients.
- Achieves individual assigned goals for new and existing relationships
- Achieves individual assigned goal for deposits, loans and fee-based services; through proactive calling efforts and referrals from existing clients.
- Maintains an active pipeline with meaningful sales opportunities and reports them to the Director of Premier Banking through the Bank’s CRM.
- Participates in activities to include pre-call planning prior to appointments with line of business partners and appropriate follow-up afterwards.
- Works effectively and efficiently with referrals from bank directors, branch teams and other internal partners on effective client onboarding and ongoing service excellence.
- Maintains a strong relationship with existing clients for purposes of retention, expansion and referral generation.
- Participates in bank-sponsored client events and in community organizations to support the EagleBank brand and develop or strengthen relationships in the business community.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in bank/branch operations management, servicing and selling commercial clients a wide variety of bank products and services including Digital Banking and Treasury products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management or related field
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- Bank Platform System
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- IBS Core Banking Technology
- CRM experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication skills and comfort speaking to senior level business clientele
- Strong sales and customer service skills are critical
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Business Entity types
- Advanced knowledge of commercial banking products and services
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with competing customer deadlines.