Job LocationRockville, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The Portfolio Administrator acts as a liaison between the bank and the customer to ensure the appropriate and expedient processing and booking of loans and Letters of Credit. The Portfolio Administrator also provides support to Relationship Managers with respect to day-to-day internal and external customer needs, and serves as a liaison between the line, the Loan Documentation Department, Funding Department, Accounting Department, Pre-Closing Department, Deposit Operations Department, Loan Exceptions Department, Loan Servicing Department and the Lending Departments of the Bank (CRE, C&I and Consumer). Overall, the Portfolio Administrator provides administrative and clerical support to the Special Assets Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews loan package approvals (renewals, extensions and modifications) prior to submitting requests for loan documentation. Requests and reviews borrower information to ensure necessary requirements are met prior to submitting loan package for loan documentation and loan closing.
- Coordinates loan documentation preparation with the Documentation Department or outside attorney as appropriate.
- Serves as a point of contact for the borrower to address questions or concerns during loan documentation and closing process.
- Reviews final loan documents to ensure that they are in compliance with the loan approval, and ensures that all fees are disclosed to the borrower prior to closing.
- Coordinates the closing of loans which may include ordering title work, UCC searches, surveys, flood determinations and tax service contracts, as well as obtaining insurance certificates and payoff letters, as needed
- Ensures the loan documents are appropriately signed, dated and organized for booking.
- Collects and processes all fees on the date of closing.
- Updates and submits documents to the vault using the vault log. Scans all documents required for funding and imaging
- Reviews and monitors the past due and coming due reports to ensure maturing loans are processed and loan payments are collected in a timely manner.
- Requests the payment of past due loans.
- Coordinates the payment of invoices for service providers the same day of receipt.
- Manages critical and other documentation exceptions to minimal levels at all times.
- Prepare default and acceleration letters for Special Assets Officers as appropriate
- Assist with all aspects of quarterly reporting.
- Order requests for appraisals
- Process credit card payments and loan payments received
- Process and maintain all Special Assets related expenses
- Maintain inventory of standard office items for Credit Administration
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience (Time desired/required) Experience Details
- 3 years of experience in a commercial banking environment to include collateral and loan documentation experience (ordering title work, UCC searches, surveys, flood determinations, tax service contracts, payoff letters, and insurance certificates)
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance or related field
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- IBS Core Banking System
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Working knowledge of other applications of MS Office.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of a bank core processing system preferred.
- Working knowledge of records management systems preferred.