Payroll Processing Manager/Administrator
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150Silver Spring, Maryland
Tracking Code1587 - 948
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Silver Spring, MD office.
The Payroll Processing Manager/Administrator supports the company's strategic goals in the areas of retaining high quality employees through the administration of payroll and financial benefits. The primary responsibility is a single incumbent payroll processor. This role also supports the efforts of carrying out the compensation programs of EagleBank. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude and interest in pursuing process improvement as the routine.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages daily activity of the bi-weekly payroll administration to include timely payroll processing; garnishments; maintenance of HRIS system data; time and attendance; reporting and reconciliation of the payroll GL. Includes managing any systems, reporting and processes that support this area. Serves as point of contact to employees on all routine payroll matters. Writes and ensures that procedures are kept up-to-date. Trains team as back up for payroll processing.
- Oversees 401k and Stock Purchase compliance rules with respect to their integration with Payroll.
- May act as backup for benefit issues raised by employees; managing LOA; and surfacing issues to manager as appropriate.
- Performs other HR and Payroll related administrative duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent additional experience required.
- At least five (5) years of experience with payroll administration for payroll 350+ employees across multiple states.
- Experience with payroll- related tax rules, reciprocity and setting up new tax jurisdictions.
- At least two (2) years of experience with benefits administration from a payroll perspective.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations related to payroll, benefits and salary administration.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, employment law, welfare benefits experience.
- Ability to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures and regulations
- Strong business math skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of related systems, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with paying commissioned employees and overtime premium calculation preferred
- A Human Resources Certification or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or comparable certification preferred.
- Experience using ADP WorkForceNow and eTime products strongly preferred
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.