Model Risk Management Officer
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Rockville, MD office.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Model Risk Management Officer specializing in stress testing and model validation to provides assistance to the Board of Directors, senior management and personnel in the governance of data and the assurance of data integrity through the administration of a comprehensive data governance strategy and the use of data analytics. This vital role will be assessing, monitoring, and managing the risks associated with the bank's models in areas such as CECL, Commercial Credit Portfolio, Construction Portfolio, Capital Planning, Liquidity etc. with a particular focus on stress testing and model validation. This position works closely with various departments, including Risk Management, Credit Risk, Finance, Internal Audit, Executive management and Regulators, to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and compliance of the bank's models with various banking regulations.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Extensive experience in model risk management within the financial services industry, with a strong focus on stress testing and model validation.
- In-depth knowledge of stress testing methodologies, regulatory requirements (e.g., CCAR, DFAST), and best practices.
- Proficiency in statistical modeling, risk assessment techniques, and model validation principles.
- Familiarity with financial products, risk management frameworks, and Basel guidelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of regulatory guidelines, such as SR 11-7, SR 15-18, and SR 16-11.
- Familiarity with programming languages (e.g., Python, R) and statistical software (e.g., SAS, MATLAB) is desirable.
- Professional certifications such as FRM (Financial Risk Manager) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) are advantageous.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.