Loan Documentation Specialist II
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard, Suite 300Rockville, Maryland
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the preparation of standard and more complex commercial loan documentation, ensuring loans are documented as approved and in compliance with all applicable Bank policies and Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently to review loan requests to ensure proper approval.
- Reviews organizational documents to verify borrower/guarantor’s existence and authority on existing, modifications or extensions and in times of overflow in the Pre-Close department.
- Reviews searches and other supporting documentation to confirm collateral ownership and lien position.
- Independently verifies customer information against tax returns, the Bank’s core system and records management system
- Reviews approval to determine the products to use in documentation software system and the terms to be used for the transaction.
- Under minimal supervision, creates more complex commercial loan documents using the documentation software system. Completes all documentation timely and with minimal errors. Submits all completed work to the supervisor or approved designate allowing enough time for a full review. Responsible for ensuring loans are in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures and all applicable banking rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with PA/Lender to resolve any issue and/or discrepancies.
- Provides training and support to other Documentation Specialist.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Attend seminars and meetings as appropriate.
- Complies with all applicable Bank policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years commercial loan documentation experience at varying levels of complexity using a documentation software system and with a high degree of independence.
- 2 year college degree
- Paralegal certified individual with experience in banking industry
- 4 years of previous banking experience in loan documentation, loan administration, loan servicing or other related area
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Proficient in using loan documentation software
- Knowledge of using core banking system
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- Laser Pro
- IBS Core Banking System
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Good understanding of commercial loan types and lending terminology
- Knowledge of the various laws and regulations governing the banking industry particularly in the commercial lending area.
- Working knowledge of records management systems.