Legal Services Representative/Paralegal
This position will be in the Deposit Services Department within Deposit Operations. The Legal Services Representative/Paralegal is responsible for the timely response to all subpoenas, summons, garnishments, attachments, tax levies and other types of legal warrants served on the organization, in order to meet processing schedules and legal and regulatory timeframes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the bank’s core values of Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Retrieves, logs and tracks all service orders received, and determines proper course of action to ensure adherence to all applicable laws & regulations.
- Performs research and coordinates efforts with internal departments to ensure that all requested documents are produced, assembled and remitted within designated timeframes and independently manages calendar of deadlines and response dates to ensure the same.
- Maintains working knowledge of all IRS regulations, State and Federal laws and compliance issues governing applications of responsibility.
- Effectively communicate with outside legal counsel, court representatives and local State and Federal government agency representatives to define solutions to identified issues.
- Effectively negotiate with opposing parties to manage scope of document production and testimony.
- Develop and maintans knowledge of internal policies, procedures & products and all State, Federal, legal and regulatory guidelines related to deposit products, services, tax warrants, garnishments, IRS levies and subpoenas.
- Professionally represents the Bank in court for judgment and garnishment proceedings, and coordinate all Bank appearance and deposition requests
- Seeks continued process improvements and ensures adherence to processes in place to prevent monetory losses.
- Other duties as assigned and may require local travel (MD, DC, and Northern VA).
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software. Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established EagleBank policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable
- Associates degree in related field of study required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Legal or Paralegal Certification or Degree desired.
- At least (3) years of experience as a paralegal with some litigation experience
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 749