IT Network SQL Engineer
Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The SQL Engineer will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL database Servers to ensuring the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills for maintaining the network SQL databases. The selected candidate will create databases and write SQL queries using SQL programs and tools.. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of a SQL Server DataWarehouse, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modeling in support of multiple development teams. The data warehouse supports an enterprise application suite of program management tools. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.. Assists with end user support as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, configure, and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Develop and execute the operations projects with multiple project engineers, managers and vendors and consultants.
- Responsible for project functions included but not limited to Project Management, Site Management, Project Control Management, Engineering Management, Request Procurement.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s).
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Prepare and submit reports on the progress and status of the project.
- Monitor and report engineering progress against budget and forecasted schedule.
- Perform other project engineering and project management related duties
- Develop processes for testing and deploying of SQL databases.
- Coordinate with vendors to determine specifications needed to run applications.
- Assit with infrastructure design and envirnmentd upgrade
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Participate in the Bank’s Disaster Recovery Program.
- Document procedures.
- College Degree or eight additional years of IT related experience.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Previous experience with designing and implementing datacenter technologies.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Previous experience remediating vulnerabilities in a windows environment.
- Experience working with Windows based envirnment, including Active Directory
- Experience with manageing mid to large projects as well as the ability to take on project management functions
- Experience datacenter experience supporting “Enterprise technology” in a Citrix environment preferred.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- Microsoft certifications preferred (MCSA) or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environmentStrong Network
- Ability to organize, plan and work independently
- Strong Server knowledge.
- Experience working in a citrix envirnment
- Working knowledge of SQL database administration.
- Requires skill in coordinating technology projects.
- Strong troubleshooting skills