IT Network Engineer II
Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Under limited supervision, responsible for maintaining the network by providing installation and upgrades. This includes hardware and software running in a virtualized environment (VMWare) with the use of Citrix. Analyze, investigate and resolve or document network issues. Assists with end user support as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support for EagleBank’s network infrastructure
- Independently support, monitor, test, deploy, troubleshoot, and document new and existing technology
- Serve as the lead on complex technical issues and opportunities
- Advise IT Manager and Senior Engineer on systems efficiency, needs and upgrades as well as any potential weaknesses.
- Deliver and support high level solutions using industry leading enterprise technologies including servers, storage solutions, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless access systems.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and resolution for systems at different enterprise levels, serving as escalation point for issues as necessary.
- Provide training, mentorship, and support professional development of fellow engineers
- Provide administration of SQL database.
- Coordinate with vendor to determine specifications needed to run applications.
- Provide administrative support for Server 2008, 2012 and 2016.
- Provide administrative support for Windows 7 and 10 workstations.
- Configure RAID on storage devices and provide administration SAN.
- Configure group policy DNS, DHCP, and UAC settings.
- Participate in the Bank’s Disaster Recovery Program.
- Document procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or Information Systems, or equivalent combination of relevant education and additional experience
- 5+ years of experience in Network Design/Support environment.
- 5 years of Managed Service Provider experience
- 3 years of Network Management
- 5 years of Server Management
- Experience supporting desktops in a Citrix environment preferred.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
Microsoft Server certifications
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Microsoft knowledge.
- Strong Server knowledge.
- Strong Active Directory/Exchange Administration knowledge.
- Strong Citrix Management knowledge.
- Hardware/Software support knowledge.
- Working knowledge of SQL database administration.
- Working knowledge of Windows workstation support.
- Requires skill in coordinating technology projects.
- Vendor management knowledge.
- Strong Software installation and configuration knowledge.
- Servers/Desktops/Printers/Scanners knowledge
- Working knowledge of MS Office.