Did you know that EagleBank has been ranked 13th in the Washington Business Journal’s 2023 Corporate Diversity Index for midsize companies? This is a clear reflection of our commitment to diversity and inclusion initiatives as well the Bank's consistent focus on fostering an exceptional workplace culture.
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our customers.
In our continuous effort to build a pipeline of top talent for our Accounting Department, we invite you to apply for future openings. If you have experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting Clerk, Staff Accountant, or Senior Accountant, please submit your resume and respond to our pre-screening questions.
EagleBank is committed to inclusion, equity, and respect. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including maternity and parental leaves, wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work and will work in the Corporate Headquarters in Bethesda, MD office four days per week.
Requirements vary for specific positions and generally seek the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles i.e., debits and credits.
- 1 to 6+ years of experience working with general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, accounts payable, and general accounting processes.
- Attention to detail.
- General working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- General knowledge of accounting systems.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Working knowledge of general ledger, reconciliation, month-end closing, general accounting processes of inter-company and fixed assets.
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Coupa experience.
- College Degree and/or CPA (some more advanced positions require degrees and certifications).
- Banking experience.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.