Director of Investor Relations & Strategy
CategoryAccounting and Finance
Job Location7830 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
This position is responsible for Investor relations and shareholder communications through multiple communications venues. Collaborates with executive management to establish strategic plans and objectives in regard to financial and industry trends, shareholders concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company. Develops and implements capitalization methods, financial controls, procedures, systems, and forecasting techniques to evaluate various programs. Performs highly complex financial modeling. Identifies and promotes new business opportunities and evaluates and assists with execution of merger and acquisition transactions. Leads complex work groups representing disciplines within one or more functional areas in the coordination and completion of major projects or contracts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the flow of financial and other information between the corporation, its shareholders, and the financial community. Manages internal and external investor relations activities. Acts as a spokesperson for the company to introduce, position, and market the company to investors and potential investors. Develops strategies and implements programs to keep the financial community current on company performance and industry trends.
- Advises company management and board of directors about financial and industry trends, shareholders concerns, and competitor actions that might impact the company. Issues statements on business issues. Assists with preparation of filings for the SEC and annual reports to shareholders. Makes presentations before the financial community.
- Leads the preparation of materials and coordination of quarterly and annual financial results communications, investor presentations and scripts, annual report and investor relations website.
- Communicates business strategy and direction to investors and analysts and assures the consistency and integration of messages among all communicators.
- Responsible for modeling and other financial valuation analysis, targeting analysis and investor meeting scheduling in support of interaction with institutional investment community.
- Collaborates with other functional areas including Finance, Marketing, Legal and senior executives to lead the development of strategic communications and execution of the investor relations program.
- Develops and implements process or procedural changes, including training documentation and presentation to other organizations. Collaborates with other departments and/or client in special projects as required
- Serves as primary point of contact for investors and analysts; speaks on behalf of the company in meetings and presentations with the investment community; develops relationships with analysts, portfolio managers and industry contacts.
- Provides competitive intelligence based on review of analyst research, media and feedback from the investment community.
- Evaluates and models opportunities for strategic expansion through merger, acquisitions or partnerships with other banks, financial technology firms (FinTech) or other partners.
- Provides facilitation and administration related to strategic planning and advancing the organization given strategic landscape of the banking industry.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- 8 years’ experience in investor relations, bank valuation or related field
- Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong communication and presentation skills to interact effectively with investors and executive management and Board of Directors
- Ability to publicly represent company with investors and internal and external clients in sensitive and highly visible circumstances
- Financial Modeling
- GAAP or SEC knowledge or experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills