Director of Banking Operations
Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Provides overall leadership and strategic direction to multiple operational units within the Bank to include but not limited to Digital Banking, Loan Booking and Servicing, Deposit Wire and ACH Operations, Data Management and Escrow Management. Ensures that operations are efficient in terms of resources and effective in terms of meeting customer and organizational requirements. Monitors and analyzes production and systems to maintain effectiveness and develops strategies for improvement and growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes, and oversees Bank operational activities to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and reliability.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and goals that align with the Company’s overall mission and objectives while managing the execution of daily operational objectives.
- Provides Leadership, Management and Vision to the business unit managers and staff
- Instills a customer-focused philosophy throughout.
- Monitors and implements policies and practices that support Regulatory Compliance and Operating Efficiency.
- Provides leadership, representation, sponsorship or consultation for major operational projects
- Oversees the divisions’ vendor relationships to include contract negotiation, setting and monitoring of performance standards and contingency planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Required -15+ years operational management experience in a regulated banking environment across pertinent technical disciplines; Commercial loans, Deposit Operations, payments systems; ACH, Wire, mobile, remote deposit, online banking, P2P system(s), Escrow Management
- Required - Minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a senior leadership capacity leading others in a dynamic, fast-paced, growing environment with significant regulatory demands and oversight.
- Required - 10 years of proven experience in improving productivity, reducing costs, and optimizing use of the business resources
- Required – Strong knowledge of Rules and Regulations governing bank operations, products and services
- Required - Bachelor’s Degree - Business, Finance, Economics or related field
- Preferred - Master Degree
- Preferred - IBS Core System Knowledge
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 779