Digital Banking Specialist
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential meaning that employees are expected to work during normal business hours even when the worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the company’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recover, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
This position is responsible for completing various activities such as setups, troubleshooting, research and day-to-day support of all Digital Channel products including, but not limited to, online banking, mobile banking, mobile deposit, remote deposit, ACH and ATM/VISA debit cards. The specialist is responsible for providing 2nd level support to our customers using our digital banking services. The specialist assesses digital banking needs to deliver a seamless service experience which strengthens customer relationships.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides accurate and efficient servicing, implementation and technical support of all Digital Banking products and ensures all new product implementations, internal and external questions are handled timely while consistently incorporating risk mitigation best practices.
- Detects, researches and resolves potential fraud transactions using tools provided.
- Liaise with customers and bank staff to ensure the implementation of services, training of end users, and promotion of the features and benefits of bank products and services are being effectively communicated.
- Provides phone and email support to internal and external customers resolving complex, in-depth issues often requiring lengthy calls or emails.
- Processes digital banking requests and applications, ensuring proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining our high quality service standards.
- Responds to and resolves calls escalated from the internal Customer Care Center.
- Maintains department files and records.
- Monitors daily reports for accuracy, ensure all work processed is in compliance with departmental procedures and take appropriate action where needed or escalates timely; pulls reports and performs manual clean-up of data.
- Provides Digital Banking support to EagleBank employees as they service customers Digital Banking needs, including hardware and software troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Communicates with 3rd party vendors to set up customers or resolve their issues.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of experience in branch banking
- 3 years of customer service experience required
- call center experience preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Experience with a core banking system, FIS products preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- General knowledge of banking products including digital banking
- General knowledge of MS Office; proficient in Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of computers, smartphones, tablets, operating systems, software and other technologies and ability to troubleshoot related issues.
- Ability to enter information quickly and accurately while juggling other tasks