Digital Banking Specialist II
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This job is considered essential meaning that employees are expected to work during normal business hours even when the worksite is unavailable for weather or other types of emergency. Performs all duties as outlined in the company’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan, which addresses emergency response, crisis/incident response, disaster recover, and the recovery and resumption of critical business functions.
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for completing various activities such as setups, troubleshooting, research and day-to-day support of all Digital Channel products including, but not limited to, online banking, mobile banking, mobile deposit, remote deposit, ACH and ATM/VISA debit cards. The specialist is responsible for providing 2nd level expertise to our internal and external customers using our digital banking services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides accurate and efficient servicing, implementation and technical support of all Digital Banking products and ensures all new product implementations, internal and external questions are handled timely while consistently incorporating risk mitigation best practices.
- Detects, researches and resolve potential fraud transactions using tools provided.
- Works closely with customers and bank staff to ensure the implementation of services, training of end users, and promotion of the features and benefits of bank products and services are being effectively communicated.
- Provides phone and email support to internal and external customers resolving complex, in-depth issues often requiring lengthy calls or emails.
- Processes digital banking requests and applications, ensuring proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining our high quality service standards.
- Provides Digital Banking expertise to bank employees as they service customer’s Digital Banking needs, including hardware and software troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Responds to and resolves escalated calls received from internal Customer Care Center and branches.
- Performs ATM Settlement and daily and monthly settlement of GL accounts.
- Processes card holder disputes and claims received daily and ensure that claims are processed within Regulation E guidelines, including timely processing of provisional credits and customer notifications.
- Maintains department files and records.
- Monitors daily reports for accuracy, ensure all work processed is in compliance of departmental procedures and takes appropriate action where needed. Pull reports and perform manual clean-up of data.
- Apply Digital Banking knowledge to find solutions that fit with unique individual customer needs; ensuring that all precaustions are taken and risk mitigation procedures followed. Share information on new methods to improve processes and streamline future set-ups.
- Communicates with 3rd party vendors to set up customers or resolve their issues.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of digital banking experience to include implementations and troubleshooting products such as online banking; AC;. mobile and remote products; debit cards; positive pay etc.
- Experience with electronic fraud mitigation activities
- 3 years of customer service experience required
- call center experience preferred
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Strong knowledge of and experience with using a core banking system
- Browser application and software knowledge and understanding; ability to troubleshoot problems with customers
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- FIS Core Banking System experience preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of banking products including digital banking.
- Ability to problem solve and find creative and innovative solutions.
- Ability to judge when to act independently and when to confer with management
- Intermediate computer, smartphones, tablets, and operating systems, software and other technologies knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients. Skills to include the ability to listen intently speak clearly and explain complex issues simply and concisely.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and initiatives
- Able to make confident, sound decisions regarding a service request/application or presented problem, while understanding the delicate balance between risk and customer service.
- Solid knowledge of MS Office; proficient in Word and Excel.