Deposit Operations Assistant II
Job LocationSilver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Under general supervision, provides accurate and efficient servicing of all deposit-related functions to ensure that questions and requests for assistance are handled timely. Reconciles General Ledger Accounts, Cashier’s Checks, Interest Checks, Goldman Sachs, and Internal Accounts. Reviews new accounts and IRA accounts for accuracy and assists in maintaining records management systems. Assists with daily operations of the Mailroom and provides front door coverage. Complies with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and completes required training as warranted for the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews daily activity of posted transactions and requests. Resolves non-post issues, setting up of stop payments, and completing research requests.
- Processes new accounts and maintains the accounts within brokered investment companies (CDARS, IND, ICS, UMB, and Folio fn program)
- Provides support to the retail branches and other deposit sales areas of the organization related to new account opening, deposit account maintenance, deposit product offering, and use of the core processing system.
- Processes updates in the core system for house holding maintenance requests to ensure the proper branch, primary officer, and secondary officer have been assigned.
- Complete new accounts review to ensure that the accounts have the proper deposit account documentation, that the documents are tracked, and an exception report is generated.
- Reviews the account maintenance reports, closed accounts, accounts in process, IRA transactions, and rate exception report.
- Monitor, update, and balance the account reconciliation system for cashier’s and interest checks.
- Process, reconciles, or reviews general ledger, Goldman Sachs, and Internal accounts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- previous teller or platform banking experience OR
- similar deposit service experience in resolving non-posts; deposit research; reconciliation of deposit products and/or maintaining brokered investment accounts.
- Deposit Operations experience at a financial institution
- General Accounting experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of core and support bank processing system.
- Thorough understanding of check image retrieval system.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Thorough working knowledge of MS Office.