Deposit Application Analyst
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Bournefield office located in Silver Spring, Maryland.
The Deposit Application Analyst maintains Bank Control specifications for all Deposit System Applications. Research upcoming software releases, system upgrades and modifications; make recommendations to foster implementations. Participate in and serve as subject-matter resource for process improvement projects. Create and maintain custom reports and other departmental duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain Bank Control for all key Deposit System Applications with an emphasis on Deposits, Rates, Fees and Service Charges; create and update Bank Control Documentation, Policies and Procedures.
- Partner with the Product Development Team to evaluate the impact that new or emerging products will have on Bank Core Applications and to ensure the successful delivery of application changes to front-line users.
- Evaluate all upcoming software releases, systems upgrades/enhancements to measure the impact to our business processes; identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement as well as ensure the Bank is able to maximize key system capabilities.
- Partnering with business and technology representatives to gather business requirements, prepare design specifications, test and deploy new or modified functions in the environment and identify opportunities for process improvement. Manage the verification process through creation of test scripts; perform, document and report test results.
- Coordinate application requirements to internal IT Department for related maintenance.
- Assess impact to Customers and Bank for each system addition, modification or deletion, making the appropriate recommendations and leading change.
- Ensure complete testing, documentation and training is coordinated prior to implementation of any change with various departments, branch personnel and other stakeholders.
- Provide procedural support as needed for other related administrative functions to significant areas of the Bank such as Deposit Operations, Lending and Community Banking; design and implement relevant departmental/division level statistics. Support department in maintaining current status of departmental procedures.
- Maintain Core Users and Information distribution in partnership with other resources within Banking Operations (i.e., FIS Contract Administrator).
- Act as liaison for Bank with Core Service Provider, FIS and third-party vendors.
- Research and resolve issues and inquiries; obtain clarification with vendors to support end-user requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of direct experience in Deposit applications through similar roles with increasing scope of responsibility.
- 5 years of banking experience in a combination of branch management and deposit operations or similar roles.
- In-depth understanding of Core banking systems; technical understanding of IBS, with experience in managing Bank Control.
- In-depth knowledge of Banking Systems, Operations and Accounting practices with an emphasis on Deposits, New Accounts, Fees and Charges, preferably within the structure of an FIS environment.
- Ability to support or perform and analyze various types of testing such as negative, positive, regression and relational.
- Knowledge of how applications interface and relate to other systems.
- Strong communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on the ability to engender cross-functional/business support.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to prioritize various tasks.
- FIS or other core system specifications experience.
- Knowledge of Banking Applications and General Ledger.
- Report-writing knowledge in Commercial Banking Environment.
- Strong Project/Implementation Management skills.
- Must be a "do-er" in addition to a "thinker".
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- 4-year college degree.
- Project Management experience in implementing system changes or enhancements.
- 5 years of strong, demonstrated experience in implementation of major banking applications.
- Technical understanding of the XAA Application.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1198