Customer Service Representative
Note: Initial on-the-job training will be at our Silver Spring Branch. Regular placement will be at one of our Montgomery County, Maryland branches: Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Park Potomac, Shady Grove, Silver Spring, or Twinbrook.
Establishes, retains and deepens relationships with new and existing clients. Provides quality service to internal and external clients through effective and professional written and verbal communication. Processes teller transactions and balances cash accurately and efficiently. Resolves basic service issues by maintaining a developed working knowledge of basic bank products and services while referring more complex requests to appropriate colleagues or departments. Possesses strong knowledge of the platform and teller systems. Proactively and reactively contacts clients to identify additional banking needs to strengthen client relationships and meet cross-sell goals. Serves as main point of contact for client problem resolution. Complies with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and complete training requirements as warranted for the position.
- Consistently provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Processes transactions/balances cash.
- Sets up new accounts.
- Performs account maintenance.
- Answers internal and external phone calls and emails.
- Reviews policies and procedures.
- Completes all required training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Platform and Teller system.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Hand-eye coordination is required for using keyboard to enter transaction information.
- Ability to lift boxes of coins weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Flexibility in schedule is required.
- Travel required for float positions and may be required for all others.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one (1) year of branch banking experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 643