Customer Service Representative II
Job Location3143 N Street NW, Washington, DC
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Establishes, retains and deepens relationships with new and existing clients. Provides quality service to internal and external clients through effective and professional written and verbal communication. Processes teller transactions and balances cash accurately and efficiently. Resolves complex service issues by maintaining a developed knowledge of advanced bank products and services. Possesses advanced knowledge of the platform and teller systems. Proactively contacts clients to identify additional banking needs, to strengthen client relationships and meet cross-sell goals. . Serves as main point of contact for client problem resolution Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations, and complete training requirements as warranted for the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently provides excellent customer service when opening deposit accounts, when servicing, performing account maintenance and establishing account related services.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Receive and accurately process deposits, withdrawals, and other financial related transactions (loan payments, cashier’s checks, etc) to customers. Accurately balance teller cash drawer and transactions daily and maintain high degree of accuracy with the processing of transactions.
- Answer basic to complex questions regarding EagleBank products and services. Responsible for recognizing and referring sales opportunities.
- Follows and remains current on all policies, procedures and applicable regulations that pertain to handling of customer accounts, security, compliance and internal control guidelines .
- Responsible for contributing to assigned branch cross-sell and product sales and participates in outbound sales call activities.
- Assist with daily Branch opening procedures to ensure that the branch is open on time and ready to conduct business. Assist with Branch closing procedures.
- Assist BM/BSM with preparation of monthly audit package.
- Ensures proper completion of CTR’s, balancing of the ATM, Night Drop deposits and balancing TCR as applicable.
- Responsible for branch vault and cash supply, when applicable. Prepares, receives, and processes cash shipment per procedures, ensuring adequate currency supplies at all times
- Assist with duties performed under dual control, customer inquiries , account research, check orders, etc. May act as back-up to vault custodian as needed.
- Masters the use of TellerInsight, IBS, Deposit Origination and SRM processing
- Act as back-up for BM/BSM for designated time periods at discretion of Branch Administration.
- Timely completion of all required training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year cash handling
- 3 years of Platform Account Opening/Servicing/Closing accounts
- 6 months of supervisory or leadership experience
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient use of Platform and Teller system including setting up complex accounts and performing account maintenance
- Exhibits professionalism with internal and external customers
- Advanced knowledge of deposit products and services.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office products