Compliance Testing Manager
CategoryAccounting and Finance
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard, Suite 300Rockville, Maryland
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Rockville, MD office.
The Compliance Testing Manager assists the Chief Compliance Officer in performing bank regulatory compliance activities and engage in compliance monitoring, testing and reporting to assure compliance with laws and regulations throughout the Bank. Requires strong practical knowledge of banking regulations including but not limited to ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, Truth in Lending, Truth in Savings, Electronic Fund Transfers, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Flood Insurance, Regulation O, UDAAP and Privacy Responsible for ensuring that the Bank is adhering to all federal and state regulations relevant to its business. Also test, review and enforce compliance standards or requirements imposed by the company’s internal guidelines.
- A BS/BA degree or higher in Business, Finance, Risk or other related field experience.
- 4+ years of experience in banking compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both;
- OR 4+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both.
- 4 years direct experience in testing to evaluate the effectiveness of controls (may include audit, compliance, internal control, or other related testing).
- Experience executing detailed test instructions and conducting reviews to assess controls and / or process effectiveness.
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing financial institutions including the rules and regulations of the FRB, OCC, FINRA, SEC, NFA, CFTC, FDIC and CFPB.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners.
- as well as executive management.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- An active Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation OR Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Knowledge of Dodd-Frank (including Volcker Rule) and the Bank Holding Company Act.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.