Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Administrator
Job Location7830 Old Georgetown Road, Bethesda, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Under close supervision, acts as liaison for lender and borrower to ensure a proficient loan transaction by reviewing and monitoring loan packages following the approval of a loan. Requests and reviews borrower information to ensure necessary requirements are met prior to submitting loan package for loan documentation and loan closing. Reviews final documents to ensure compliance with loan approval. Coordinates the closing of the loan with internal and external customers. Initiates and oversees funding process, from preparing the electronic loan file to proper booking of the loan. Addresses internal and external customer questions/request regarding accounts in a timely manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with borrower to collect all pertinent information to ensure necessary documentation is received. Works closely with senior portfolio administrator to review loan package (new loans, extensions, modifications) prior to submitting for loan documentation. Coordinates loan documentation preparation with the Documentation Department or outside attorney as appropriate. Serves as a point of contact for borrower to address questions or concerns during loan documentation process.
- Under close supervision, coordinates the administrative aspects of closing of the loan which may include ordering environmental assessments, title work, surveys, flood determinations, tax service contracts, and obtains insurance, payoff amounts and UCC searches. Submits work timely to Supervisor for review so that all deadlines are met. Works closely with Pre-Closing department to ensure that all the organizational document and ownership records are obtained prior to approval. Works directly with supervisor to reviews final loan documents to ensure that they are in compliance with the loan approval and to ensure that all fees are disclosed prior to closing. Submits post-approval documentation and all necessary insurance documentation to Pre-Closing Department for final review.
- After closing, works closely with supervisor as required to prepare the loan file for funding: including ensuring that the loan documents are appropriately signed, dated and organized generating input sheets to send to funding and loan servicing, and creating cover sheets to build an electronic loan file. Updates and submits documents to the vault using the vault log. Scans documents for funding. Manages critical and other documentation exceptions to minimal levels at all times.
- Completes a daily review of past due and coming due to ensure maturing loans are processed and loan payments are collected the same day they are received. Immediately proactively requests payments from borrower on any past-due loans Reviews, updates and addresses exceptions to ensure loan files are in compliance. Processes client draw requests for lines of credit in compliance with loan approvals, as well as overdrafts, transfers, payments, and addresses questions/requests from customers throughout the process in a timely manner.
- Manages GL process to clear items as appropriate and within required timeframe each month. This includes researching outstanding items, processing payments to vendors same day as receipt and collecting and depositing fee payments from customers
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of administrative experience in an office setting
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in lending, bank operations or finance preferred
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organization skills
- Attention to detail