Check Exceptions Specialist II
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150, Silver Spring, MD
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Performs all functions related to check processing and check returns. Reviews and processes Return Deposit Items and Signature verification. Prepares and performs transactions research. Balancing GL to FED, Return Deposit Item (RDI), and Return In clearing Items (RIC).
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Return Deposit Items (RDI) Review, complete exceptions, process, print checks, upload cash letter and email branch/core processing vendor - Review incoming large dollar notification, place hold if necessary.
- Signature verification - review assigned check verification queues. Communicate if necessary with branches for approval.
- Balancing: RIC, Non Post GL, FED Recon, Inclearing and Outgoing Cash Letter. Daily Processing: Non Post- review, make corrections, if necessary email branches, process in Exception, upload for cash letter, balance and process GL entries Tickets.
- Process assigned foreign collection - Pull OFAC, process through corresponding bank, print cash letter and mail for collection.
- Fed Adjustment for in clearing paid items.
- Review assigned Suspect Kiting Report, Processing assigned savings bond.
- Branch Capture scanning work for operation center and customers.
- Branch and Customer Support: Restricting accounts and, reversing entries, Assigned Branch Capture Correction - research, debit/credit entries, email branches, mail copy to customer and file.
- Activate dormant account request received through the mail and from branches. Process Bank verification.
- Logging, filing and tracking restricted accounts, filing image checks and shredding.
- Assist branches with inquires and scanning, making sure branches complete their End of Day scanning.
- Assist with document retention.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of related work experience in deposit operations; Specific operations experience in processing knowledge, foreign collections and Fed Adjustments; signature verification; RDI, non-posts. Will consider a candidate who can complete the above mentioned tasks with a high degree of indenpendne and accuracy who has a combination of 5 years in deposit operations and branch experience in CSR or BSM role towards minimum requirement.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
- Thorough understanding of core and support bank processing system.
- Thorough understanding of signature verification software.
- Thorough understanding of check image retrieval system
- Thorough understanding of foreign collection processing software.
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
- FIS Global Core Banking System
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Work with tight timeframes and meeting deadlines.