C&I Relationship Manager
Job Location2001 K Street NW, Suite 150Washington, District of Columbia
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
EagleBank also recognizes the challenges its employees currently face in a post-Covid world. We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. Since the pandemic started, EagleBank has prioritized the health and safety of its employees, and this position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows eligible employees to work from home two days a week.
The Relationship Manager II, under limited guidance, is responsible for the generation and management of a large and complex loan and deposit portfolio for new and existing C&I clients . Evaluates the client’s needs and aligns those requirements with the appropriate bank products and product partners; performs the initial vetting and structure of loan transactions, including the preparation of term sheets; directs the underwriting of loan transactions, including the analysis of financial statements, with support of a Portfolio Manager (PM) and the bank’s Credit Department; presentation of credit packages to the appropriate parties for approval; works with the Portfolio Administrator (PA) and/or outside counsel to prepare loan documents and close the loan transactions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates, structures and oversees the underwriting and analysis of client and prospect loan requests, and makes appropriate recommendations for approval.
- Ensures that the bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the loan origination process.
- Coordinate PM and Commercial Deposit Officer (CDO) activities as it relates to loan and deposit origination and portfolio management.
- Actively identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities across all bank product lines.
- Participates in networking events, community events and develops / maintains a network of referral contacts and Centers of Influence (COI’s) within the market.
- Actively monitors and administers the loan portfolio to gauge credit quality.
- Proactively services and grows the C&I loan and deposit portfolio to provide an acceptable return to the bank while concurrently managing risk by mitigating past dues, overdrafts, loan documentation exceptions, and any other undue credit risk.
- Reviews loan documents, internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing.
- Independently coordinates the activities of the PM and CDO. Provides leadership, coaching and support to PA’s, PM’s, and other team members.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business required or 3 additional years of experience in commercial credit analysis and commercial underwriting
- 5 years of portfolio management and real estate underwriting experience
- 3 years of proven sales record in meeting or exceeding goals in commercial lending
- Formal or in-house credit training; counts toward one year of experience
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Complex credit analysis and decisioning skills
- Ability to structure, price and manage complex and large portfolio transactions to achieve organizational goals
- Broad knowledge of banking products and services