C&I Portfolio Manager
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the office. Due a recent promotion and growth in the team we have one position where you will divide your time between Washington, DC and Lanham, MD and another that is dedicated to the DC office.
This new C&I Portfolio Manager is needed to keep up with our growing business and will support the credit process by facilitating the collection of financial information from clients and prospects, preparing and submitting credit packages for the approval of new loans and for the renewal of existing loans, working with the Relationship Manager(s) to draft term sheets/loan proposals, reviewing loan documents, both internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing and the day-to-day management of upcoming maturities, past dues and documentation exceptions.
Our Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Team proudly serves the businesses of our local community. We offer competitive, Commercial Loans and Lines of Credit, Treasury Solutions, Acquisition Financing, Equipment Leasing, Owner Occupied Commercial Real Estate, Small Business Lending, SBA, and Other Financing solutions. Our teams propose value add solutions that are creative and flexible to help small and middle market businesses’ goals become a reality.
The Lending Team is divided by region, with a Market Executive leading each of our teams. The core competency of the bank’s lenders runs to all types of businesses, including government contracting, non-profits, bond financing for schools and other organizations, healthcare, and professional service firms.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, and economics, accounting or related field or Associates Degree in a business or finance related field and 3 additional years of experience in commercial credit or real estate analysis may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience in portfolio management and commercial underwriting including structuring and pricing loan transactions. Must be proficient in evaluating commercial credit risk. Must be able to work autonomously with minimal oversight from the RM or manager.
- Experience with underwriting transactions from conception to completion independently.
- Successful web-based credit training through RMA, Omega or similar programs may be required within six months of hiring.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in credit underwriting, including cash flow and collateral analysis.
- Proven ability to identify sales opportunities within a commercial loan environment.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work on several loan requests simultaneously.
- Knowledge of varying credit structure types:
- Term loans
- Owner occupied CRE
- Line of credit
- Letter of credit.
- Ability to work on several loan requests simultaneously.
- Bank product knowledge.
- MBA or Master’s Degree.
- 10 years’ experience in commercial credit underwriting and portfolio management can be substituted for credit training program if knowledge and proficiency can be demonstrated.
- Any of the following Certifications:
- Risk Management Association Credit Risk Certification (CRC)
- National Association of Credit Management Certified Credit and Risk Analyst (CCRA)
- Certified Credit Professional (CCP)
- Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)
- Other recognized professional certification in credit analysis
- Knowledge of Asset Based Lending, Government Contract Lending, and/or Special Assets.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1144