C&I Portfolio Manager
CategoryAccounting and Finance
Job Location2001 K Street NW, Suite 150Washington, District of Columbia
Tracking Code1592 - 948
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community.
EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
Our Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Team proudly serves the businesses of our local community. We offer competitive, Commercial Loans and Lines of Credit, Treasury Solutions, Acquisition Financing, Equipment Leasing, Owner Occupied Commercial Real Estate, Small Business Lending, SBA, and Other Financing solutions. Our teams propose value add solutions that are creative and flexible to help small and middle market businesses’ goals become a reality.
The Lending Team is divided by region, with a Market Executive leading each of our teams. The core competency of the bank’s lenders runs to all types of businesses, including government contracting, non-profits, bond financing for schools and other organizations, healthcare, and professional service firms.
The C&I Portfolio Manager, under limited oversight, supports the credit process by facilitating the collection of financial information from clients and prospects, preparing and submitting credit packages for the approval of new loans and for the renewal of existing loans, working with the Relationship Manager(s) to draft term sheets/loan proposals, reviewing loan documents, both internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing and the day-to-day management of upcoming maturities, past dues and documentation exceptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field required; 3 additional years of commercial credit underwriting and analysis experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of commercial credit analysis, portfolio management and customer service experience required; advanced degree accepted in lieu of some work experience
- Adept in financial statement analysis
- Successful completion of web-based credit training through RMA, Omega or similar programs may be required within six months of hiring
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of credit underwriting, including cash flow and collateral analysis
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses and mitigates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience structuring and pricing loan transactions to achieve organizational goals preferred
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Bank product knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of varying credit structure types: Term loans, Owner occupied CRE, Line and Letter of credit
- Ability to work on several loan requests simultaneously
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Washington, DC office.
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.