Bank Model Validation Analyst- Early Career Opportunity
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community. EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for 100% remote if you are not local to the area or our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Rockville, MD office.
The Bank Model Validation Analyst supports the Risk Management Department in the support, administration, validation and enhancement of model risk management activities at the Bank. This is a unique opportunity for a bank/financial analyst or auditor with an aptitude towards model risk management and model validation, to seek an entry level position that will support validation, testing and review of Bank models. The Model Risk function within Risk is responsible for a broad range of model validation activities, including CECL Model review, Capital Planning analysis, Liquidity Stress Testing, Excel based Scenario Analysis, What-If analysis etc. This is a great opportunity for someone who is proficient in Excel and related technologies to understand and support Banking specific model validation activities with management oversight, on the job training and support. In addition to Excel proficiency, basic programming, basic quantitative modeling and advanced reporting skills are desirable. Candidate with advanced technical skills and the desire to learn will be provided with assistance and training to understand and support Banking specific models and their validation
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: All activities below are expected to be performed with direct supervision and guidance, not necessarily independently,
- Support the review, critical assessment and challenge of models on conceptual soundness, assumptions and limitations, data, developmental evidence in support of modeling choices, performance, implementation and documentation.
- Support the development and implementation of testing plans and testing code in order to challenge models through empirical analyses and to verify model implementation;
- Review and critical assessment of ongoing model monitoring activities
- Support the validation, testing, and documentation of usage of complex statistical models by reviewing & evaluating a model's conceptual soundness, performance, implementation, and ongoing monitoring
- Summarize results of the validation and testing of models in communicating results to stakeholders within the Bank
- Deliverables include the creation of model validation documentation such as: formal write-up of results/recommendations/conclusions within the validation report, presentations to model stakeholders and management, ad-hoc written reports, model code exceptions or relevant documentation, monitoring reports and related code, and procedures, (etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., finance, mathematics, economics, accounting, etc.) or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1-3 years of financial analysis, model/data validation, risk management, audit, or other equivalent experience
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, reporting software and quantitative approaches
- Commitment to learning Banking regulations, processes, and systems and vendor tools that support various banking models
- Proficient writing skills, including the ability to concisely explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Experience creating, validating, or auditing models or other data uses such as end user computing tools
- Financial services industry experience
- Programming experience: not mandatory, but SQL is desirable
- Certifications such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant), FRM (Financial Risk Manager), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) are a plus
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1233