B2B Relationship Manager
Job Location8245 Boone Boulevard, Suite 820, Vienna, VA
At the guidance of the direct supervisor the Relationship Manager will be responsible for the generation of new B2B relationships and servicing of existing B2B clients, in an effort to evaluate the client’s needs and align with appropriate bank products. Performs the underwriting for the proposed transaction, and presents to appropriate parties for approval and carries the approval to closing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates and underwrites customer loan requests and presents request to appropriate approval authority.
- Ensures the bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the origination process.
- Develops new business within the B2B platform.
- Participates in networking events, community events and will develop / maintain a network of referral contacts both internally and externally.
- Actively monitors and administers portfolio to gauge credit quality.
- Reviews loan documents for accuracy prior to loan closing.
- Appropriately structure and price loan transactions to minimize risk to the bank while meeting departmental profitability goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance or related field and 3 years related commercial experience or;
- High School diploma and 5+ years of related commercial lending experience in the areas of credit analysis, portfolio management or underwriting..
- Basic credit analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- Working knowledge of Small Business Lending, Asset Based Lending, Government Contract Lending, and CRE Lending.
- Proven ability to identify sales opportunities within a commercial loan environment.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office; advanced skills is Word and Excel.
- Formal credit training preferred
- Commercial lending experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.