Annual Review Analyst
Manages the internal annual review process for qualifying real estate loans – to include reviewing and distributing lists of past due/coming due reviews to lending staff on a regular basis, communicating which items are needed to complete the review, and maintaining reports on the status of reviews. Performs a quantitative and qualitative analysis of updated information based on the specific qualities of the loan and/or property. Evaluates the current risk rating of reviewed loans and works with Relationship Managers & Portfolio Managers to make changes when necessary; alerting lending and management to any issues or “early warning signs” for loss mitigation purposes.
- Oversees the internal annual review process of the Bank’s Commercial Real Estate (CRE) loans, and communicates the status of reviews with internal partners and management on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares a comprehensive financial and risk analysis of borrower(s)/guarantor(s)/collateral for all qualifying CRE loans in a timely manner.
- Orders property site visits and incorporates the results into the reviews.
- Spreads and analyzes financial statements/tax returns, real estate rent rolls and spreadsheets, and personal guarantor data.
- Assesses the estimated current value of reviewed loan collateral properties based on changes in property condition, tenant quality, market trends, etc.
- Recommends current risk rating for reviewed loans, and alerts lending personnel and management to potential issues within the portfolio.
- Communicates directly with borrowers to obtain information, when necessary.
- Maintains strong working relationships both internally and externally to obtain critical data.
- Communicates any changes to risk ratings and/or other tracked data to Loan Servicing, so that they may be updated in the system for reporting purposes.
- Regularly participates in bank vendor training and special projects assigned by manager as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of financial spreading software.
- Must possess solid analytical skills and a strong understanding of CRE lending.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently, and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field required. May be substituted for at least one (1) year of additional experience and/or other formal training course(s) resulting in intermediate-level understanding of Financial Accounting.
- Minimum two (2) years of commercial credit analysis or lending experience, with a strong emphasis on commercial real estate, required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.