AML/BSA Investigator II
CategoryAudit and Compliance
Job Location6010 Executive Boulevard Suite 800, Rockville, MD
Performs investigation activities and evaluation of AML/BSA related issues, taking appropriate action when suspicious activity is detected. Independently performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and provides problem resolution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate suspicious activity cases generated by automated AML/BSA monitoring system or Questionable Activity Referrals reported by Branch personal and other lines of business. Compiles supporting documents; prepares SAR narrative, based upon independent investigation and analysis, then files it through FinCEN E-filing system within 30 days of determining that the activity is suspicious to comply with Federal regulations.
- Reviews individuals’ and entities’ accounts reported in a Subpoena utilizing different management systems to determine if money laundering or other suspicious activity noted in the accounts should be reported. Prepares SARs if necessary.
- Performs 90 day reviews on account activity for submitted SARs, determines if the previously reported suspicious activity has continued or ceased. Files supplemental SAR if additional suspicious activity is identified.
- Serves as resource to branches/departments inquires related to AML/BSA questions to provide best information possible in regards to AML/BSA regulation to better serve the customers and the Bank’s interest.
- Conducts enhanced due diligence reviews of high risk customers, and watch list customers as required and reports any suspicious activity.
- Monitors compliance with customer identification, customer due diligence, beneficial ownership, and OFAC requirements.
- Assists with reviews for potential OFAC matches through the Bank’s various OFAC systems.
- Assists in collecting documentation for examiners, auditors, law enforcement and governmental agencies regarding SARs, CTRs, and BSA/AML monitoring records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in completing BSA/AML case investigations
- 2-year college degree in a related field or work related experience (preferred)
- 3+ years banking experience and knowledge of branch operations (preferred)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified BSA/AML (CBAP) certification (preferred)