Accounts Payable Specialist II
CategoryAccounting and Finance
Job Location7830 Old Georgetown RoadBethesda, Maryland
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Manages full Accounts Payable cycle. Reviews, codes, requests approval, and processes invoices for payment all in a timely manner. Maintains records of invoices through electronic and paper filing. Creates 1099 data files and adjustments in Accounting and Bank Core systems. Monitors and reconciles various GLs. Manages leases for all locations. Performs monthly accounts analysis and record accruals. Posts various GL entries.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages full cycle AP Process.
- Reviews invoices received, codes and distributes for approval and processes for payments.
- Creates/updates lease schedule, inputs recurring entries for rent, reconciles payments with landlord.
- Performs various GL reconciliations.
- Performs corporate credit card allocation.
- Scans paid invoices into records management system and files paper copies.
- Processes payments for Personal Property Tax Filing, Corporate Tax filing and Annual Economic Census.
- Processes monthly payments which include parking, sub-debt interest, state tax filing, etc.
- Reviews and manages Month-end Closing i.e. Accrued expenses, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Updates Expense Authorization and AP Policy.
- Performs administrative duties such as sorting mail and inventory office supplies.
- Replies to email/telephone inquiries from other employees/vendors.
- 2-year college degree in Accounting, Finance and Business or related field and 3 years of Accounts Payable experience OR 4 year college degree in same disciplines and 1 year of Accounts Payable experience.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting software systems
- General working knowledge of MS Office. Proficient in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Proficient in data entry
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- PeopleSoft preferred.
- Coupa experience preferred.