Performs varied financial, operational and compliance audits for Eagle Bancorp, Inc. and subsidiaries. Actively promotes a strong internal control environment in assurance and consultative services provided in conjunction with and formally documented in the Internal Audit Manual (derived from the Standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Conducts varied internal audit assignments of Eagle Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiaries, serving as the Auditor-In-Charge (AIC) on designated assignments, in accordance with the audit plan and consistent with audit objectives and IIA standards.
- Executes internal audits effectively and efficiently in accordance with the approved audit plan and under the direction of the Audit Manager and Chief Audit Executive to achieve audit objectives.
- Provides meaningful recommendations based on evaluated risks and follow-up on the resolution of issues.
- Promotes a strong internal control environment and be viewed as a leader when assigned as AIC.
- Performs testing for the Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance.
- Communicates the results and status of work performed to Audit management in timely manner.
- Assists with the planning of Internal Audits to address audit objectives through gathering sufficient information to allow for the evaluations of risk and determination the audit scope.
- Documents audit work clearly and concisely to support conclusions.
- Complies with the Internal Audit Department Charter, procedures and professional standards.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, and leadership when in an AIC role, when working with employees and other individuals required to interact with as a part of their assigned duties
- Complies with the EagleBank Pledge regarding reliability, responsiveness, appreciation, competency and ethics.
- Communicates orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. Identifies issues and forms objective opinions on the effectiveness of controls.
- Develops and maintains proficient audit and technical competencies needed to execute and complete audit assignments encompassing all complex systems and software.
- Performs other projects as necessary.
- Skills to perform detailed research.
- Skills to be able to assess and critically analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to follow directions and retain information.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Highly motivated, individual who can think strategically, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally when assigned as AIC.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Possess time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field or equivalent years of work experience required.
- At least three (3) years of experience in accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or in financial services with a professional firm or business required.
- Current Industry Certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE) preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 641