Senior Pre-Closing Specialist
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. was founded in 1997 and is a publicly-traded company under the symbol EGBN. We are headquartered out of Bethesda, MD and have 20+ branch locations serving the MD, DC, and Northern VA areas. EagleBank was established to support business and personal needs of our local business owners with a deep-rooted dedication to serving our local community. Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships FIRST to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. EagleBank’s core values focus on Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
This position will be in the Pre-Closing Department within Credit Administration. The Pre-Closing Specialist is
responsible for working with Portfolio Administrators, Loan Documentation and other Lending personnel to provide a second line comprehensive review of borrower organizational documents to ensure compliance including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations regarding Beneficial Owners and Controlling Individuals, as well as Regulation O policies and procedures. This position additionally provides back-up support to the Loan Documentation Department, and acts as a liaison between Lending personnel and Loan Documentation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the bank’s core values of Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- Reviews borrower organizational documents including, but not limited to, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Articles of Organization, Operating Agreements, Partnership Agreements and Organization Charts.
- The ability to make independent decisions and take on various departmental projects to support efficiency and overall effectiveness of the department.
- Serve as a team leader to support management when needed; the ability to make decisions and provide leadership guidance to the Pre-Closing Department team and other internal and external customers..
- Ability to create policies and procedures for the Pre-Closing Department.
- Ensures that the Beneficial Owner Certification Form correctly identifies Beneficial Owners and the Controlling Individual based on the organizational document review.
- Queries the Compliance Database to determine if there is a Regulation O, Related Party or Conflict of
- Interest relationship with the bank.
- Prepares and provides comprehensive reports to Portfolio Administrators regarding review findings, which report is required to move forward with final credit approval. Scans all Organizational Documents into Vision Content.
- Serves as a point of contact for Portfolio Administrators and other Lending personnel to address questions or concerns regarding organizational documents, loan documents and/or the loan documentation process.
- Provides back-up support to the Loan Documentation team as necessary.
- Reviews final approvals for new loans, renewals, loan extensions and loan modifications to ensure appropriate approval authority and correct loan coding.
- May require direct contact with external Customers.
- Other duties as assigned and may require local travel (MD, DC, and Northern VA).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred, and/or five (5)+ years of experience in a lending environment with experience in loan documentation and review.
- Legal or Paralegal Certification or Degree desired.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
- Working knowledge of organizational structures including, but not limited to, Sole Proprietorships, Subchapter S Corporations, C Corporations, Limited Liability Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Partnerships and related organizational documentation.
- Working knowledge of loan documentation and documentation requirements.
- Working knowledge of LaserPro loan documentation system, or other similar documentation system.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software. Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Ensure that work results and processes comply with relevant laws and with established EagleBank policies, procedures, and practices, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Attend all required training or complete and pass all online required training courses as applicable.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 764