Senior Model & Data Risk Analyst
We are a values driven organization putting Relationships FIRST. EagleBank is focused on being Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted. By prioritizing meaningful connections with our customers, employees, and shareholders, we relentlessly deliver the most compelling, valuable service to our community.
EagleBank (NASDAQ - EGBN) was founded to meet the financial needs of local business owners in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. With genuine connections, we provide custom financial solutions, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the community.
EagleBank is committed to being a workplace of inclusion, equity, respect, and acceptance. We celebrate diversity and intentionally seek out opportunities to learn from one another’s experience. We believe employees are essential to the building of relationships and we prioritize investing in employee growth and wellbeing. Throughout your EagleBank career, our commitment is to provide you with a variety of competitive benefits, recognition, training and development, and the knowledge that your contribution adds value to the company and our community. Employee involvement is fostered through resource groups, mentorship programs, community service, and scholarship opportunities for continued education. With features including wellness discounts, healthcare premium sharing, employer funding in your HSA account, and 100% 401(k) matching up to 4%, we pride ourselves in the ways we support our internal relationships.
We understand the need to be creative and flexible when it comes to telecommuting and other alternative work arrangements. This position is eligible for our hybrid remote work program which allows employees to work remotely two days a week. This position has flexibility in choosing which two days, in addition to Wednesday, will be worked in the Bethesda, MD office.
The Senior Model & Data Risk Analyst conducts analyses of various uses of data within the company, including models, reports, and end user computing tools. This is a unique opportunity for a financial analyst or auditor with an aptitude towards data and analytics and/or an interest in modelling.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently performs detailed validations of the inputs, processing, and outputs of various models and data used in decision-making throughout the company
- Identifies business decisions made with data and the risks to the company the data poses to those decisions
- Ensures critical data elements, master data, and reference data is properly utilized
- Performs data/model evaluations and other work with limited oversight and guidance
- Documents work clearly and concisely to support conclusions
- Provides meaningful recommendations based on evaluated risks and performs documented follow-up on the resolution of issues
- Develops and maintains technical competencies needed to complete reviews and other work encompassing complex regulations, processes, and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. finance, mathematics, economics, accounting, etc.).
- 3 or more years of financial analysis, model/data validation, risk management, audit, or other equivalent experience.
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Commitment to learning new regulations, processes, and systems.
- Interest in learning/improving programming skills.
- Good writing skills, including the ability to concisely explain complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated experience determining risks to business processes and related controls.
- Experience creating, validating, or auditing models.
- Programming experience; Python and/ or SQL are desired, but any programming experience is helpful.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Experience developing, validating, or auditing models.
- Certifications such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), or CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor).
Don't meet all the requirements? We encourage you to still apply if you think you are the right person to join our community. We are always interested connecting with people inspired by our mission and values. If you aren’t hired for this position, your resume will remain available for the next year and might be considered for future openings. Note: You can update your resume as often as needed.