Loan Servicing Generalist
Responsible for monitoring and reviewing portfolio mortgage loans post booking into the bank’s core system (IBS) Integrated Banking System, to ensure completeness and accuracy. Monitor and review annual escrow analysis on portfolio mortgage loans produced by system are accurate. Perform variety of loan servicing activities, on portfolio mortgage loans or other loans, such as: auto debit/ACH setup, address change, process payments, book new loans as necessary. Monitor SBA (7A) secondary and non-secondary 1502 reports and reconcile the relevant General Ledger(s). Conduct research on Colson discrepancy reports and resolve issues timely and accurately. Assist with other participation loan booking, payments, and research as needed. Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Review newly booked loans for accuracy and take the necessary corrective actions within specified time period. Monitor and track the portfolio loan review status, and communicate with management and the team to ensure that the department meets its goals.
- Review annual escrow analysis on portfolio mortgage loans produced by system. Make corrections to system as required so that accurate escrow analysis are created.
- Review various system and custom reports to ensure all portfolio mortgage loans are set up properly including transferred loans.
- Work with the Construction Loan Administration to ensure that coding on system is reflected accurately for any loans converting from Construction to Permanent phases.
- Work with Production Manager and Supervisor closely to ensure the loan servicing booking team understands complete portfolio mortgage booking process. Make recommendations to improve productivity and efficiency of the booking and reviewing process, update departmental procedure as necessary.
- Book new portfolio mortgage loans and other types of loans as needed.
- Process the daily 1502 report for both secondary and non-secondary SBA loans.
- Actively follow-up on discrepancy between the banks and Colson reports.
- Complete assigned email requests from internal costumers to perform maintenance on accounts such as auto debit, ACH setups, and address change after reviewing the necessary documents.
- Assist with reconciliation of the SBA Participation and Loan Control General Ledgers as needed.
- Assists in cross-training with departmental functions.
- Complete special department projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills, be detailed oriented with a commitment to a high level of data integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds
- Maintain a professional working relationship with others inside and/or outside the organization. Communicate effectively on routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining essential information which may require some discussion.
- Must be detail-oriented with a commitment to a high-level of data integrity and accuracy.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and handle a large volume of work while maintaining accuracy and time sensitivity.
- Must be able to work effectively in a cohesive team, and perform independently.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Two year college degree in business, finance, or related field preferred.
- At least five (5) years of experience in loan servicing or commercial lending required.
- At least three (3) years of experience with loan banking systems, preferably IBS, Vision Content, and/or Encompass.
- Familiarity with the SBA 1502 reporting preferred.
- At least one (1) year of General Ledger experience in balancing and common banking transactions required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 672