Loan Servicing Accounting Specialist
Job Location11900 Bournefield Way, Suite 150Silver Spring, Maryland
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Reconciles the Loan Control General Ledger on a daily basis. Also responsible for clearing outstanding item(s) on the general ledger by contacting individual(s) in other departments within the Bank. Assist with other Loan Servicing tasks such as: collateral releases, note filing, branch capture scanning, exception clearing and other duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- GL reconciliation is processed electronically using Intellimatch system.
- Prints all necessary reports in Vision Content to reconcile Loan Control Ledger.
- Reviews each report, clears all offsetting debits and credits. Circles any outstanding items.
- In Excel, opens current worksheet, creates a new worksheet and enters all outstanding items while making sure the ending balance on the GL and Excel worksheet are the same.
- Researches all remaining items and contacts the individual(s) to make the necessary correction.
- Processes collateral releases (primarily consumer loans and assists with commercial loans as needed).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of loan servicing or banking experience with common knowledge of banking transactions.
- 2 year of experience with General Ledger Reconciliation.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferably proficient in MS Excel.